Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Goodbye Without Leaving

Best goodbye gathering ever (I really, adamantly didn't want a big party, because the idea of it depressed me, but a little May of Teck gathering was just the thing!). Hopkins read funny poems and Stearns recited the end of "Little Gidding," which made me cry (I think that's my first time crying in public; I might as well be a grandmother now and carry a box of tissues around). And Sr. Margarita Aloysius gave a wonderful toast. And Sidecar said that he'd miss me even though he didn't know me that well, which was endearing. And Gold was there (we missed you Frankincense and Myrrh!)--symmetry is important.

Quotes:

"The second one is Quantum Leap." --Hopkins on James Bond movies

"There's nothing wrong with big noses!" --Gold

"I thought your last name was Myrna." --Stearns to Myrna (it is not her last name)

1 comment:

Frankincense said...

I'm sorry I missed it! Sounds lovely.

And I can't believe I missed you crying in public.