Saturday, May 21, 2011

New York City

Despite growing up four hours away from New York City, I've visited there vastly fewer times than other cities that distance from my house (and all of them are: Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Washington DC). I went up for a really lovely (and crazy!) day visit on Sunday. First, Francisco and I visited the High Line.


The High Line is a park that's just being built right now on an old railroad line that's elevated over New York City. It's a lovely park--nicely landscaped with fountains and benches everywhere.


I can't imagine it, though, with crowds of people--it's rather narrow at points. It was lightly raining when we visited, so there weren't too many people there.


Next, we popped into the Guggenheim for a minute to see the building, which was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright (and purportedly allowed cars to drive up the circular ramps in the early days!). It slightly had the feel of the Pantheon to it from inside.

No comments: