Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Strawberries!


(Ilana just taught me how to use supermacro on my camera--can you tell?)

Strawberry picking this year was not as good as I remember: It rained a lot this spring, and I guess that's the cause of the strawberries being both not as sweet and pretty rotten. In addition, there were more bugs than I ever remember before, hopping on me at every turn. Plus, my back ain't what it used to be (how are those old people so good at strawberry picking?). Ilana lapped me--we were 5 to 3 on boxes of strawberries picked. But the strawberries were pretty, so I figured it was best to just take pictures of them.

Also, there was an old random man who, out of the blue, told us a story of when he was being paid to pick strawberries as a small child and his brother put a toad in one of the boxes!

No comments: