Friday, October 28, 2011

Assorted Literary Links

Emily Dickinson, the baker. Is there a literary cookbook? There clearly needs to be one. My goal for whenever I have my own kitchen again is to cook my way through Laurie Colwin's.

Emily Dickinson, Walt Whitman, Edgar Allen Poe and more: poet Halloween costume ideas. I don't like or celebrate Halloween (I'm sure this came from my childhood in which it was prohibited), but if I had to be something, I would definitely start here. I especially like William Carlos Williams with the bowl of plums and the red wheelbarrow.

Sylvia Plath, the draw-er. (I'm always interested in poets who draw.)

Raymond Geuss, interviewed in a graveyard! This is one scholar with whom I fundamentally disagree, but the disagreement is always fruitful (I mean it's fruitful to me; I'm sure not sure our disagreement is particularly fruitful to him).

(See my first "Assorted" post here.)


(picture)

No comments: