Thursday, October 20, 2011

Midtown III Restaurant and Cocktail Lounge

Once again, it's great to be back in Pennsylvania. Midtown III Restaurant and Cocktail Lounge is just the right sort of place--an unpretentious diner with decorations that must be decades old. I'm not sure if there was actually wood paneling on the walls, but wood paneling would have fit. The fact that Cocktail Lounge is in the title of this place didn't make any sense--I think that the Cocktail Lounge half must have been next door.

There was lots of corned beef and rye bread on the menu (they make a darned good Reuben), and the waitress kept telling me that she'd refill my "wooter." When I was living in DC, it never occurred to me to miss some of these things--like the strange meat and pronunciation--but now that I'm back, I don't ever want to leave.


(picture)

3 comments:

Diana said...

...and this is exactly why we are bosom friends. That, and stamps. (For some reason, the cube-mate is always handing me the stamps that come on his mail. How does he know?!)

Diana said...

*My* cube-mate.

Emily Hale said...

:)