Saturday, October 1, 2011

Tiffin

Sayers took me to Tiffin, an Indian Restaurant in Philadelphia, for my birthday. We ordered Chana Masala (chick peas cooked with tomatoes and onions and pomegranate seed) and Saag Paneer (homemade cottage cheese in spinach, enriched with herbs [can you tell I'm getting these descriptions of the dishes off of the website?) and Lachedar Paratha (whole-wheat nan). And it was delicious. After spending the last five years in a city without good Indian food (at least that I could find), it was such a relief. According to Sayers, Tiffin and Ekta are the two good Indian restaurants in Philly. Thank goodness for friends who read Yelp!

Of course, having Indian food for my birthday reminded me of my 21st, when I went with Parker and two other friends, who, if they have blog nicknames, I've forgotten, to The India Garden in Pittsburgh. I guess it's wildly inappropriate to tell you this, but I ate my unrefrigerated leftovers the next day and got violently ill. No one believed me when I told them it was food poisoning and not a hangover. But I did not get drunk on my 21st!


This picture doesn't have too much to do with Indian food, but was across the street from the restaurant. City of brotherly love, baby.


(picture)

1 comment:

Betty Ford said...

Of course it was food poisoning.