Thursday, November 17, 2011

Assorted Food and Drink and Other Things


~ I firmly believe in embracing cheap wine.

~ Jhumpa Lahiri
(of The Namesake fame) has done some food writing! Here she writes about rice and about her father. If I were to write about my father and food, it would be funny--from the rice cakes he often eats after dinner to absorb the acid in the food, to the quarters he used to pay us to try strange things (like squirrel). I would have to write about granola, which he makes frequently and carefully, with a recipe he invented that is never the same twice. My nostalgic food writing would also have to mention my Grandmother's chocolate cake and my Poppop's homemade ice cream.

~ Speaking of wine and nostalgic food writing...Link
~ All the hipsters, that's why. (Why does Philadelphia have such diverse restaurants?)

~ We all know that cigarettes are food, more or less. And these are great ways to hold them (via Hopkins).

Okay, who am I fooling? We've clearly moved on to the "Other Things":

~ Awesome people reading.

~ PAL on Pierre Manent.

~ Clothes I now need.

No comments: