Saturday, November 19, 2011

Book Corner


Today I visited Philadelphia's Book Corner, which is actually on a corner. I highly recommend it; I found: three Laurie Colwins (the most I've ever seen in one place at one time), the elusive Jhumpa Lahiri (Pulitzer Prize winning Interpreter of Maladies), Muriel Spark's Memento Mori, Barbara Pym's Quartet in Autumn, Somerset Maugham's novel about Machiavelli, Nussbaum on Patriotism, and Iris Murdoch's The Sea, The Sea. I'm happy.


And here's Rose's Tattoo Cafe, just across the street. Just think--an espresso and a tattoo, all in one place. I love that the building itself looks as if it's been tattooed with roses.

Okay, so I thought I was being sarcastic, but it turns out that this place is just a restaurant filled with flowers...

1 comment:

hopkins said...

i love the book corner. its where i bought most of my Muriel Spark as well. GOSH. i miss philly.