Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Funny Girl

I think that I meant to watch Funny Face (with Audrey Hepburn) and accidentally watched Funny Girl. I kept thinking that Audrey Hepburn would join the movie at some point, but she never did.

Poor American with lots of talent (Fanny Brice--Barbara Streisand) meets aristocratic European (Nick Arnstein--Omar Sharif)--she's swept off her feet. He's attracted to her until she outshines him, and then he can't handle it, because at the end of the day he needs to provide for her and cannot let her help provide for him. It's definitely a tragedy, but also a musical.

What I enjoyed most about this film is Fanny's sense of humor when it comes to romance. I think it's pretty similar to my own, and I think it's hilarious.


(picture)

2 comments:

hopkins said...

I love this movie! She is so funny/fabulous. But yeah, definitely not Funny Face! There is a second film--the conclusion of Fanny's story, but I have not seen it.

Diana said...

isn't this the movie where Fanny has a bunch of delicious Jewish mothers in her life? that's my favorite part. :)