Sunday, February 12, 2012

Matching Help Or My Blouse.2

My roommates from over the years deserve every bit of thanking them that Mama Leopard did (and she did a good bit: starting with Salinger in college, my mother would sometimes send them snacks and thank you notes for being my friend. I mean, to this day she thinks that it's due to her prayers that Diana and I are friends. I mean, I'm sure it is due to her prayers, but I like to think that I'm also friendly and worth being friends with.)

Anyway, my roommates have had to help me a good bit with matching. Salinger once wasn't there and I decided that I would color block pink and purple and white. She was horrified and told me afterward that I could never do that again, because I looked like an Easter egg at the symphony. Another time Salinger wasn't there and our other roommate curled my hair into tiny ringlets and I wore it to a dance. It was really pretty bad. I learned then that I needed to be careful with who I trusted to tell me what looks good.

 Myrrh and Frankincense and Gold did a lot of helping with various aspects of my outfit over the years, even down to helping me know if I needed a jacket or not. Of course, Stearns and Ilana have been invaluable--Ilana has skyped with me several times when there was no one around to help me plan outfits.

And last semester, Sequins and Cardigan not only offered fashion advice, but they also lent me clothing when I didn't have the right thing. So now I have a question for you, dear readers. I bought this new blouse, which I told you about, and which I love. But now I need to know what it matches. I think it's pretty obvious that it matches my gray pencil skirt (in the first picture). I really, really want it to match my green skirt, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it doesn't (although I'm pretty sure that my aunt told me when I was little that any two solid colors match--plus, wouldn't a hipster totally wear that even if it didn't match? Edge, what do you think?).

I'm pretty sure that it matches my brown skirt (third picture), but I could be wrong. I totally believe in wearing red and pink together, especially for Valentine's day, but what do you think? (Have I told you how I feel about paper doilies around Valentine's day? I get super excited. This year I found little red heart-shaped paper doilies!)

Okay. Matching comments welcome. I'm planning to wear it with a white skirt in the summer (not pictured), and I also have a pair of brown cropped pants that I think will be great with it in a couple of months, too.



3 comments:

hopkins said...

i think it looks good with all of them. A pale pink like that is almost impossible to clash with. The green is more hip, but totally passable, especially if you pair with jewelry that is not primarily green, but has a touch.

Sylvia said...

I think the first and the fourth picture look the best.

Frankincense said...

I really like pink and red together, and I think you should wear that outfit today. I also think all the pictures look good.