Monday, February 6, 2012

Serendipity and the Internet

Ilana is the best at walking the delicate line between very kind and cuttingly sarcastic. From a recent email:

"Since you used my rant for your blog do I get to request a serendipity and internet? As long as it doesn't take away from your work, of course, or your stretching."

 And so, here you go, Ilana (with the caveat that Site Meter has changed what I can see and I don't think I can see the search words anymore, so this may be the end of Serendipity and the Internet):

"morphing into letters" gym--I'm picturing an aerobics program based on the song, "YMCA," only you learn all the letters of the alphabet and spell funny phrases. 

the effects of hair parting on social appraisal and personal development--I haven't done any official studies, but I'm pretty sure that the effects are significant. And I'm pretty sure that it's my hair parting that's holding me back in life. You see, I wanted to follow all of the famous movie stars and have a middle part and wavy hair. Which probably would have resulted in me becoming a movie star. Alas, I'm still a grad student. Mostly because Myrrh insists that side parts look better. 

roger scruton lysistrata--Well, clearly Roger Scruton would want you to be familiar with all of your Western Tradition, including Lysistrata. And, presumably, he'd be happy for women to use their difference from men in wielding political power. 

i can't remember the name of the cookbook with george rodirigue illustrations--I love when people who google things include the fact that they can't remember what it is they're looking for in the search. 

www.friendsfor only girls ide from pakistan . com--This sounds super shady, and I have no idea how it brought someone to my blog. 

magnolia tattos--Everyone knows that a tattos is a small tattoo. The problem with little tattoos, as Percy pointed out to me, is that they fade as you age and eventually look like a big mole. 

any difference between democratic and political theories?--For some contemporary political theorists, no. (But really, democratic political thought is one type of political theorizing.)

1 comment:

E. Walker said...

thanks. It's kind of funny because I am stretching while reading your blog.