Saturday, March 3, 2012

Jim's Steaks or Stearns' Visit.4



Full disclosure: I don't really like cheese steaks. They're fine, but I just don't think that they have a lot of flavor. I think that I would like cheese steaks if there were half as much meat and twice as much cheese and vegetables (I love onions and mushrooms and peppers).


But I realize that other people like cheese steaks, so I try to be a good hostess. Francisco found this place, which is in West Philly and seems like a real place (which is to say, not for tourists). (It's constantly packed, except for the couple of seconds in which I snapped this picture.)



My favorite part of Jim's is this picture of Wilt Chamberlain taken there and now hanging on the wall. Look how tall he is next to that short lady! And look how big his cheese steak is! I love this picture.


Cheese whiz! It's the only way to go! (Or so I hear.) And look at all the meat!



3 comments:

Diana said...

I was under the impression that Jim's is one of Philly's big three: Pat's, Gino's, and Jim's. No?

I never do whiz; I'm afraid! (I pick provolone, or something.)

Emily Hale said...

Quite possibly! I'm not sure--I think that there are several Jim's (I think that one is on South Street).

Emily Hale said...

I actually don't think I've ever had cheese whiz either:)