Saturday, March 24, 2012

A Random Assortment

~ I believe in free parking. So I love this quote:

"But raising prices is rarely popular. A chapter in Mr. Shoup’s book opens with a quote from George Costanza, the 'Seinfeld' character: 'My father didn’t pay for parking, my mother, my brother, nobody. It’s like going to a prostitute. Why should I pay when, if I apply myself, maybe I can get it for free?'"

~ "How to Have a Conversation," an intriguing glimpse into conversation and Alain de Botton's School of Life.

~ On The Wire's Kima Greggs' Baltimore non-profit, ReWired for Change, and The Wire's painful dredging up of difficult memories from her own past (via Dillard).

~ Kate Middleton's first public speech. I held my breath the whole time because I was nervous, because she was nervous. Longest 2 minutes and 51 seconds of my life. Also: pretty sure she needs to pin her hair back a little bit.


No comments: