Sunday, May 13, 2012

Chanticleer.2 and Mother's Day


Happy Mother's Day to Mama Leopard. Here are some flowers for you, since I'm not there to give them to you in person.


I realized the other day that it's still, after all these years, my mother who I want to talk to when I have to make a confusing decision or when things aren't going the way I'd like. She's always happy to talk when I call.


I mean, Mama Leopard tells it how it is (for instance the first thing she usually tells me when I come home is that I need to get a hair cut), but once you convince her that humankind can only bear so much reality, she says lots of encouraging things.


Thanks for putting up with loads of nonsense from me from when I was little until probably now (I just can't tell it's nonsense yet)--from the fights we had when I was 6 over what I was going to wear to school each day to you chasing me across the house to try to peroxide my ears (I won that one). I miss following you around the house, talking your ear off. Happy Mother's Day!


No comments: