Friday, May 4, 2012

TV

I try not to admit to the terrible television I watch on this blog, but what the heck, it's an anonymous blog anyway:

So Suburgatory is not that bad, despite its terrible name and its all around oddness. Maybe I like it because it's wacked out like Pushing Daisies. I don't know. But this last episode mentioned Fellini and The Potting Shed. Not sure if the potting shed reference was intentional or not (I guess probably not--I tend to see connections that don't exist), but "all the family secrets are in the potting shed" just seemed to be too real and dramatic not to be connected to Graham Greene. And it's a great moment when the woman doing Tess's nails says dismissively that she doesn't like Fellini because he's “too quirky for the sake of being quirky.”

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

Hey, I think the name is kind of clever! Just watched the pilot and the girl in it looks like the next Emma Stone. :)

Emily Hale said...

You're so right! I mean, I don't know who Emma Stone is, but I would've thought that that was the Suburgatory girl when I googled her!