Saturday, June 16, 2012

OBX


Sadly, in just over one week, I both found these amazing sunglasses (like, my favorite ever) washed up on the beach in Florida, and broke them on the beach in North Carolina. Well, I actually bet those two occurrences were connected: they probably weren't in the best shape ever after being beaten up by the waves. I'm going to try to glue them back together. (Photo by Ilana.)


Little House on the Prairie goes to the beach!


Our family vacations on a beach in North Carolina accessible only by roads made out of sand and cars big enough to drive on them (see the cars in the picture below). This means that there's also a good deal more wildlife, including wild horses. I've never been especially impressed with the Assateague horses--they're aggressive about going after food like squirrels and they never seem that clean nor spirited. But the horses up here are pretty lively. (Below: A picture of my family watching the wild horse.)


And family, what it's all about:

No comments: