Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Ramble

Unfortunately, I didn't bring my camera with me while walking around Georgetown today. It's unfortunate because I came across a picture-perfect young girl and lemonade stand. She was selling the lemonade for 50 cents a glass to raise money to help rebuild the National Cathedral (which sustained significant damage in the earthquake last year). I'm pretty impressed: when I was little and had a lemonade stand, which did pretty well, by the way, it was just to make the money for myself.

Also, after lunch with a friend, we went to Pie Sisters, a pie shop on M Street, for dessert. Of course, this reminded me of Pushing Daisies and the Pie Hole, Ned's pie shop. Anyway, the Pie Sisters sell tiny individual pies that are called cuppies, tying them in, of course, to the really strange cupcake fad that seems to have swallowed Georgetown whole. The Pie Sisters are "three tall sisters," according to the website. Tall is an odd adjective to throw in there. I do have a weakness for sets of three sisters, though--that's the conceit behind the blog, although Ilana and Stearns don't post as often as I do. However, these sisters' names are Alli, Cat and Bear, which is fairly strange. So I can't quite make up my mind about whether I approve or not, but the little pie was delicious.

No comments: