Saturday, July 28, 2012

A Random Assortment


(More flowers--those and lemon/ginger cookie ice cream and hand-written notes: I really lucked out on the roommate front this summer.)

~ Pictures of an abandoned subway station in New York with glass skylights. If (any) metro stops looked like this, I wouldn't complain as much. Although, it's still really just too hot in the summer for metroing.


~ This is not a joke. This (left) is how Philly announced SEPTA's award on its website. Not that I really blame them: it feels a lot like a joke (Philly's buses come just at whatever point they would like--there is absolutely no correspondence to any sort of schedule). Although philly.com also feels like a joke--I still read the website even though I've moved away just because how bad it is never fails to shock me. It's about 50% news and 50% tabloid.



~ The Olympics. I guess I've never watched the opening ceremonies before. The Fug Girls nailed it (as always) on twitter:

"OH MATT LAUER WE KNOW THE QUEEN DIDN'T REALLY JUMP OUT OF THE PLANE. But she looks fab"
(Actually, I was slightly confused as to whether or not it was her.)
"Oh, YES, QE2 looks SO bored, even though she got to skip the first bit. Must've been watching in disbelief on her iPad"
 (She can't have been feeling well: she looked way too grumpy the whole time.)
"The Austrian flagbearer is cute. I'm just saying"

"The Olympics: Where we learn about hot people who live in other countries."

"Boys in blue and girls in pink? REALLY, GERMANY? REALLY?!?!"
(Etc.)

No comments: