Tuesday, September 11, 2012

St. Louis Zoo

I forgot to tell you about going to the St. Louis zoo with #1tomatolover. We went on a 90 degree afternoon, which was just stupid for seeing animals--many of the large cats were passed out on the ground as if they were dead. Also: I forgot my camera, which was a huge disappointment.

Hands down, the best part of the zoo was the hippos. The St. Louis zoo has an underwater hippo viewing area. It is incredible to watch those guys swim. They look like they're hippo angels in heaven--they are graceful and happy, like pig-looking horses galloping in circles, only they also float and turn and glide. They were playful and full of energy. #1tomatolover had to tear me away: I could have watched them all day.

I stuck a youtube video up so that you could have an idea of what I'm talking about, although there were 4 or so of them doing underwater ballet for us. And this video was taken by someone else at a different zoo.

No comments: