Saturday, November 17, 2012

Laumeier Sculpture Park.2



This one is of the ceiling of a gorgeous sculpture/pavilion, taken while laying on the ground.


The sculpture park is very kid friendly--in fact, I ran across a small family where the dad was chasing his child in circles, presumably to wear him out. The park integrates art into recreation in an unassuming and natural way.


Wasn't it Sir Philip Sidney who said that the purpose of art is to delight and instruct? Well, most of this didn't instruct me too much (except about how crazy people are about dogs), but it sure did delight me: the park was surprising at every turn. I don't know about you, but I never expect to bump into a pile of red log-like things in the middle of a field!



 , which reminds me of this:


If you come visit me, I will take you to the sculpture park.

No comments: