Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Twitter

Tonight I stepped outside for a cigarette (Please don't blame me! I can count on one hand the number of cigarettes I've smoked since the beginning of the summer. Plus tonight was stressful. Plus I never turn down the chance to make a friend over a cigarette. Especially if said friend is from Europe.), and ran into a mini-adventure which included our lack of a lighter, our procuring one from a man and a woman talking on the street, our being witnessed to by said woman as she was simultaneously trying to push us on said man and lecturing us about the ills of smoking. After we managed to escape them, a woman pulled over in her car, hopped out, asked me to disentangle her earring from her scarf, told me for a bit about how she'd gotten her hair dyed that day, hopped back in the car, and drove away.

Ah, the midwest.

3 comments:

Miss Self-Important said...

You met a European conservative enough to stress over the election over a cigarette in St. Louis? Weird world.

Emily Hale said...

Ha--nope--I was stressing; she was just smoking.

Miss Self-Important said...

Well, I share your stress, and the smoking it engenders.