Friday, December 28, 2012

Cayman.3--Sunsets

Diana and Fred are always raving about the Cayman sunsets. I've quoted Diana's wisdom on sunsets before, and ain't that the truth: sunrise was the ultra-late time of 7 a.m., and I was still too lazy to get out of bed for it. But sunsets you don't have to wake up for. And when you're on an island, sunrises and sunsets are all over the water.

P1070193

This is from the top of a little viewing area at Camana Bay--an ultra-modern live/eat/work development.

P1070180

This picture is from a sunset viewing on the top of the Ritz--striking because it was by far the highest up that I was during my visit. The island is very flat and none of the buildings are especially tall (see the setup for a wedding on the beach).

P1070551

This was from Governour's Beach, which is just across from where Diana works. It's the beach in front of the governour's mansion. As an aside--this is the job I'm aiming for in life--you get to be the figurehead and don't have to worry about the actual politics. (I bet that line will come back to haunt me when I run for mayor.)

No comments: