Thursday, January 17, 2013

Oceanside.2, Sunsets and Animal Noises


P1080041

I wandered just down the street from Myrrh and Warrren's house around sunset. I was talking on the phone when I heard some noise that I had a definitely never heard before--something like a loud, insistent grunting. I was super confused until I saw some things that must be sea lions swimming in the water and resting on a little platform.

P1080034

I also ran into a pelican that refused to be scared of me, no matter how close I got to it. I was more scared of it than it was of me.

P1080030

Speaking of odd noises, when we were at the mission, we saw a hummingbird. Myrrh told me that they make strange noises and it's true--at least these southern California ones. They make little raspy clicking sounds that sound nothing like music.

P1080017


Another unique southern California noise is Ch-chÉ™'s rendition of a pig--it involves actual snorting, not the euphemistic "oink-oink" that you get in children's books.

No comments: