Monday, February 18, 2013

A Random Assortment


P1080311
From the Central Library

~ Have I mentioned that I love Connie Britton? I watch Nashville religiously. It doesn't really matter whether it's good or not (I think it is), because she's in it--that's really all that matters (via Sequins). On Friday Night Lights:

The show ended after five years, and walking away from the role turned out to be wrenching for Britton. “I’m still just in denial and having an identity crisis,” Britton told her friend Chelsea Handler on her talk show, shortly after shooting the last episode. “ ’Cause who am I, if I’m not Tami Taylor?” Britton gave an elaborate shrug. 
 And I love her confidence:

Britton, who was briefly married right out of college, is single now, but she is usually dating someone. “In my experience of watching Connie Britton’s dating life, it has not been Connie getting beaten out by 25-year-old girls, let’s leave it at that,” says the producer Sarah Aubrey, a friend. If Britton bristles at characterizations of a 40-year-old woman as losing her appeal, it’s because she thinks those assumptions are off-base. “Because frankly I’ve had a different experience, as a single woman,” she said. “Younger men and all that.” It’s not that she has a particular pattern of dating younger men, she clarified. “Let’s put it this way: The older you get, the easier it is to date younger men.” She laughed. “There are more of them.” 
 I briefly toyed with the idea of playing a cougar, but it didn't work out so well: the "younger man" just wanted to talk about college.

~ Guys: Newborn photography is the. creepiest. thing. Like, if you want to scare me at Halloween, just take me into a room full of newborn photographs (see the second picture in this blog post). Why can't they just leave their clothes on and stick them in their parents' arms?

~ But this is amazing: 13-year-old newborn photographs.

~ Ah, Lloyd Dobler, what a darling guy.

~ I love STL. Here's a great list of things to do (via Gypsy). The only error is--all the cool things in STL are incredibly spread out. There's no way it could be shoved into 24 hours because of the sheer immensity of the place, land-wise. So, friends, come visit! Preferably for longer than 24 hours.

1 comment:

Myrrh said...

Totally with you on the creepy newborn photos.