Tuesday, April 16, 2013

An Embarrassing Admission

I was making Magic Meat Pie* for dinner, and I only managed to finish cooking the meat portion before eating it all.

This is what happens when your fiance convinces you to do some silly starving-yourself wedding diet.* Which doesn't work well for me since being hungry is my greatest fear. But I'm trying to convert the wedding diet into a Christian discipline, although I'm not sure it's working on that count, either.


*Have I seriously never written about Magic Meat Pie here?! Only the best food ever. I asked for Magic Meat Pie every year on my birthday when I was growing up. It's sort of like chicken pot pie, only with beef. Tonight's version was made with sausage and asparagus and, sadly, no biscuit on top.

*Convinces me to join him on some silly starving-yourself wedding diet. Every time I explain the situation I inadvertently make Francisco look like a horrible human being, but he's not.

3 comments:

Sayers said...

No crust or biscuit top = diet-friendly, right?

Emily Hale said...

Ha, yes. Until the brownies for dessert:)

Anonymous said...

That is not how it went down: she offered to join the silly diet!

-Francisco the Dieter