Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Wedding Details


One of the dearest wedding gifts that Francisco and I received came a couple of days before our wedding from Gypsy's mother-in-law, who used to teach my siblings and me art classes when we were little.


She made us Springerlies--German biscuits often served at weddings. These were almond flavored and delicious as well as lovely.


My siblings and I went blueberry picking a couple of days before the wedding, so that we would have some blueberries to serve to our guests.


Blueberry picking is one of our favorite Fourth of July traditions.


I'm always the slowest at fruit-picking.


We watched the fireworks from the top of a parking garage with lots of relatives.


This is a lovely sunset that we drove by on the way back to DC after the wedding. (On that drive home, we also saw the very bottom of a rainbow meeting the ground, which I've never seen before, but didn't manage to take a picture of.)

No comments: