Wednesday, August 7, 2013

To Do

Things to cook when I'm a bit more settled, and maybe even have more time:

Roasted beet hummus. I love beets, especially roasted, and adding them to hummus sounds like a great (and pretty) idea.

~ Campari-grapefruit glazed donuts. Francisco loves donuts; we both love campari; and I love grapefruit. I'm guessing it would be a winner, but if not it will be a colossal failure.

~ Grapefruit-campari cocktails. Ditto. And ideally served with the donuts.

~ Lemon risotto. I love risotto in really any version, but especially lemon risotto. I've made this recipe before with asparagus and sausage. Not necessarily intuitive, but I think it tasted good.

~ Fish tacos. (Or this.) Francisco is a true Californian in the sense that he loves all Mexican food, and especially fish tacos.

~ Gazpacho. (Or this.) One of my favorite things. I hope to make some before summer is over.

~ Monster cookie batter. No link here because I wouldn't use any recipe except Mama Leopard's. Monster cookie batter is a Leopard family tradition, one that I really need to get on the ball about introducing to Francisco.

Other things to do (not exactly cooking, but cooking related):

~ Grow sprouts. I had lunch with a lovely old friend when I was in Philadelphia looking for housing. She made us delightful wraps and yogurt parfaits. And on the wraps, she put her home-grown sprouts. I'm inspired. (She also has two adorable sons, so I'm looking forward to having kids to hang out with in Philadelphia.)

~ Grow herbs. (Are mason jars too small?) Back at Little Gidding, we used to grow basil, but I haven't grown anything since then. Francisco and I won't quite be settled enough at first to plant a garden, but I'm thinking we could grow some herbs on the window sill.

No comments: