Monday, November 11, 2013

Wissahickon


Sadly, I've been so busy this fall that I haven't spent a ton of time outside. I've heard that Wissahickon (part of the Fairmount Park system, I think) is lovely, so we went over, in the midst of the waning leaves, to check it out.




Francisco's picture
Francisco was adorable about the Canadian geese: "What is that? Is that a goose? It's not a duck. It's not a swan..."


I've gushed to you about how obsessed I am with the bridges around here, right? There are tons--bridges over water, as well as railroad bridges. They're tall with gorgeous arches.



We hiked to this cute old inn and back.






When cleaning that morning, the head of the shower came off--like, out of the wall and started leaking through to the bathroom downstairs. Nothing major, but we have to use our other bathroom for the weekend, until Monday.

When coming back from our hike, we noticed that the lock to my car had been forced. The people breaking in didn't get the door open, but they sure tried--the lock was forced and it looks like they started trying to take the lock out of the door altogether.

I've had my car broken into twice, but this was particularly jarring--it wasn't even late at night--we just went for a little afternoon hike and returned to see that someone had been trying to break in. Such a reminder of how permeable the walls that we put up are.

No comments: