Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Rant

I know I'm hitting the max rants-in-a-row before Mama Leopard starts harassing me to be more positive, but I'll risk it, since the circumstances are extreme and severe: We have no power; our house is freezing (it was 48 degrees when we left); we have no alternative heat source, so we're coffee shop crawling.

Note for when we have our own house: Make sure you have a heat source that doesn't depend on electricity or, preferably, live in a place that doesn't get this cold.

Thankfully Sayers and Mr. Sayers will take us in tonight, if the power stays out. (And TB and another friend offered us their houses. I am very thankful for friends.)

2 comments:

Miss Self-Important said...

Yikes! And I sit here longing nostalgically for winter. Now might be a good time for an impromptu vacation. San Diego offers you its couches.

Emily Hale said...

Oh my goodness--gotta say--a couch in San Diego may beat a bed in Philadelphia.

(I think winter is nice for December, if it snows only once.)