Sunday, June 22, 2014

A Random Assortment

~ I enjoyed Season 1 of Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries, although Francisco made so much fun of me for watching them, that it became my secret guilty pleasure. Well, the Fug Girls liked it, too:


It is very refreshing to watch a show where the glamorous, feisty heroine basically does whatever she wants, and what she wants is to solve mysteries and wear amazing hats and make out with hot dudes and generally be awesome. ... I believe the appropriate word for the entire endeavor is “fizzy.” Like champagne.

I feel totally legitimized in my television watching choices.

~ Images of Mary nursing (via Miriel on twitter). Hilarious that everyone is worried about covering up Mary's hair in images. I'm intrigued that some of these even capture the hand position while getting ready for Jesus to latch on (which I'm just reading about now in The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding). But I must admit, the last picture is a bit much for modern sensibilities.

~ One person's experience with Obamacare.

~ Architecture designed to push homeless people away. (I really don't care about the part about architecture designed to discourage skateboarding...)

No comments: