Thursday, February 29, 2024

Sabbatical

 


What do I have to say? I took the boys to a free soccer practice which happens every Wednesday and Friday in Q's best friend's local park (their Nana took us over). Blaze got too nervous to go, so Q's best friend's older brother played one-on-one soccer with him, which was just too sweet. I joined in for a few minutes until my foot protested. Q liked it. I think maybe we'll go again and see if we can get Blaze to join in eventually (he loves soccer). It is run by a non-profit and such a good thing. 

My foot: the physical therapy I'm going on my own really seems to be helping. One of the most painful times now is my sleep, when I inadvertently move it the wrong way and the pain wakes me up. I anticipate that I will recover without surgery. I know you, dear readers, never doubted it. 

Q suggested tacos, so we stopped at the store for the tacos themselves on the way home and then cooked them together. The boys were thrilled and ate heartily. We clearly need to eat more tacos in our life. 

Then we started The Sound of Music, which the boys were, delightfully, really into. I'm so happy with the work/life balance I have this year, with this time with the boys. 

I'm also very happy with this three-day experiment in which we've prohibited Q from reading e-books on his ipad in the evening (he can still read tons in the morning or read print books in the evening). (He's very deeply addicted to reading and then we can't really get him to stop or even talk to him.) It's meant a richer family life. We'll have to continue to negotiate and balance going forward. 

No comments: