Thursday, March 28, 2024

Sabbatical

Yesterday: Coffee and work with Francisco at a little place we like in the next neighborhood. I finished up an R and R. (Great to have a task to do and then complete it--a joy that is not often found for me in the book-writing process.) Francisco stopped with the boys at the park after school. Tacos for dinner (and chicken for Francisco and me). A quiet reading evening. 

Today: I'll pick up Nana and Papa after perhaps a couple of hours of work.

This morning I checked out several local stops to see if they'd be open to pick up the things I need for dinner tomorrow. It was sprinkling, but there was also sun and blue sky. And I ran into the plumber who is currently replacing our shower at a little bakery/coffee shop. All of the absolute delight I take from walking around a bustling neighborhood in the morning (which cannot be quenched by even light rain) is moderated by a bittersweet knowledge that we're leaving for a neighborhood which only bustles with cars in the morning. How, dear reader, am I supposed to return? 

No comments: