Sunday, March 24, 2024

Visitors!

Last night I snuck in and joined my parents for the second half of the play (which I'd already seen). It was delightful to see the ending again. I laughed even harder than before. I also decided I prefer even the very front row to any seat on the balcony (the front of the balcony costs more than the very front row in this theater). And I realized that Dear Octopus is about acceptance--accepting aging, simplicity in life, accepting the foibles of others (Dora is so annoying!), accepting the mistakes and choices of others. A very good lesson for me. 

My parents enjoyed the play. And they got to see a bit of London at night, too--by the river it's pretty. 

After a too-short night (woken up by the boys), we had a simple breakfast and stopped at the park before mass. I saw the grandparents playing Follow-the-Leader with Blaze. They are amazing. 

In the afternoon: burgers, a nap for me, a walk for Dad and Francisco, and Indian leftovers for dinner. Oh--and Q and Blaze got to play Minecraft with their friends in Bulgaria. They were so happy. 

Nana made a delicious chocolate cake with no mixer; Blaze helped. And made a rock band with Blaze out of boxes. And threw a ball with him outside.

These boys have no idea how lucky they are. 

Chapter 5 done!

No comments: