Sunday, April 21, 2024

The Weekend, Part 1

The weekends, the kids leave me reeling. But in addition to surviving, we also had some fun. The boys made French toast for all of us for breakfast, with me mostly helping from my position on the couch. That was a huge success in my book.

I read Blaze a book he got from the library with Francisco, who nicely took them. Wow--the weekend all really blends together in a mass I can barely untangle. Anyway, for whatever reason (I don't get it), Blaze is totally fascinated by Egypt. So I read him his Egypt book. 


I took the boys to a free Apple-store workshop on emoji making, which I rightly suspected they would love (photos above). They made parents join in, too.

Then we hustled over to Westminster Abbey for evensong. The beauty of music and architecture is ... what do I say? I feel totally undeserving of such confluence of majestic beauty. And, on the other hand, mad that we have to leave all this behind, as if beauty is my right. (But I mean, it is particularly sad when God is not allowed any proximity to beauty as is the policy in our town.)



Above: Isaac Newton--this globe!



Perhaps I was just in a good mood because I was at evensong, but I even liked this modernist Dr. Seuss thing with broccoli trees and saxophones. 




No comments: