Monday, February 5, 2007

Rant (first in an occassional series)

"There is only one thing that comes natural to a guy, and it's not that." With those words, a friend dispelled the myth that has plagued me. I thought that guys were aware of the don't-speak-to-women-about-other-women rule, particularly if there's been even one-sided affection in the past. And yet my male friends of all varieties persist in speaking with me about the women that they think are hot or are otherwise desirable.

Now it is one thing to tell me about someone that you are dating. Tell away. I'll meet her and try my best to like her. It is entirely another thing to write me off as a petty, irrational girl because, despite repeated and insistent expression of my frustration, you continue to ask me to introduce you to my friends. I don't want to play matchmaker. Get your own damn wife.

No comments: