Sunday, March 2, 2008

When I Grow Up

I think I would like to be a professor married to a politician with 9 kids, reluctantly Catholic. This was what I wanted in college (sans the Catholic part). Okay, I actually don't want this anymore.

Alternate future: married to a professor.

Alternate future: married to a very famous poet/essayist (he must be born famous, because I don't have a lot of hope that anyone who is actually good will ever become famous).

Alternate future: roaming contemplative nun with no boss and no habit (I don't think that they let nuns do this, but I would wear a mantilla).

Alternate future: me, a professor in Williamsport; husband, a professor in the area. My mom: my nanny.

Alternate future: me, famous poet and world traveler, on occasion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can't be a nun with no habit!!

1) They do let nuns do this. Those are the older women in ugly pantsuits who boss everybody around at daily Mass. You don't want to be one of them.

2) You need to openly manifest your state in life. What were we just saying about undercover celibates?