Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Guestblog: On My Home, Little Gidding

I love getting ahold of my friends' email conversations and illicitly posting them on the internet.

This is Margaret Aloysius to Stearns:

The great thing about Little Gidding is, though it's really not that large, it never feels crowded. Almost like a clown car in that respect. For instance, at this particular point in time it's me, Emily,
Myrrh, and Myrrh's brother. And somehow that works. I think it's because we're all on different schedules, but not radically different schedules. Or maybe Little Gidding is just magic. An aside - I heard only our collectively favorite priest ever ask Myrrh the other day if the Kings's compound in the liberal state is Big Gidding. Ha!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the record, Fr. Dinosaurhead is not my favorite priest ever. He's great, but does not take top honors.

Emily Hale said...

Do enlighten us... (give us a, oh, say top 5)

Anonymous said...

Five. Okay.

1. the Pope
2. JVS
3. Newman - you didn't specify living or deceased
4. A certain Newman scholar, SJ
5. The Opus Dei fellow who mitigated the need for me to attend RCIA

Anonymous said...

Fr. Dinosaurhead??

Emily Hale said...

Wow. You're such a good Catholic. Although, in my defense, I'm a good conservative (are the two contradictory?!)--I love the one's closest to me, at the most local level (okay, so I'm not actually a member of my geographically appropriate parish). Namely, Fr. Dinosaurhead and my Jesuit colleagues. Sr. Aloysius, the story...(since you were there; I mean, I can recount it, but it won't be as affective.)

Anonymous said...

This story is definitely best told in person.