Monday, October 13, 2008

Assorted Rant

Several things that have been bothering me: A) Columbus Day--mostly the mail not going through. Mail is important and has become less important because of email, but for those of us who still care about letters, we should get them on all the days (okay, except Christmas and Thanksgiving and Easter--holidays that are actually celebrated; how would one even celebrate Columbus Day if he wanted to celebrate it?) Celebrating by not doing something that no one wants to do anyway (work) really isn't celebrating.

B) Pictures of stock market people who are either happy or sad and worried, to symbolize the mood of the market as a whole. How do I even know that these are stock market people that they're taking pictures of? They might just be people on the street smiling or frowning.

C) The internet. I don't think it's even possible to quantify how much more work I would get done if the internet didn't exist.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Concerning B, I should point you here: http://www.thebandarlog.com/arch/arch54.html#10_7_2008_10_46_22_AM

It follows from this that I agree with you in re: C.

Emily Hale said...

Hilarious! Frank and I just had a good laugh!