Saturday, October 4, 2008

A Directory

Upon request (okay, fine, there's been no request) here is a list of the characters who are part of this blog (some unknowingly):

Emily Hale--the only one who ever blogs

Ilana and Sterns--her sisters, who are supposed to blog

Myrrh and Frankincense and Gold--her roommates (one now absent)

Sr. Cordelia--ideally to be Sr. Margarita Aloysius (also a one-time resident of Little Gidding)

Whigwham and Wendell--the boys' house boys (Whigwham is in my bad graces [perpetually, but this time for boycotting my blog due to the sitemeter, which he finds to be unethical])

Warren and Percy--the others

Sayers and Mr. Sayers--they live in the real world and lawyer crunchily

Nicholas--that's his real name (!)

Parker--Anne of Green Gables-come-runner

Gypsy--And then there was the time we thought it would be great to dress up like gypsies and make the cars beep at us...

Diana--oh my goodness, we've been friends from before time began

Lawrence--amazingly enough, he is named after Lawrence of Arabia

Fr. Dinosaurhead (Fr. DH)--our favorite priest

Bro. OP--a rather cheeky Dominican

(By the way, I have a brother!)

Nicknames available upon request.

6 comments:

Nicholas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

An Actual Name in this situation seems most unfortunate... if you have a suggestion, I'm all ears.

Stearns said...

You always spell my name wrong!

Emily Hale said...

Stearns: my apologies. Good thing it isn't your real name...

Nick: How about Hugo? Or you may be Graham.

Anonymous said...

Hmm. Well, there's something to be said for Hugo, though I feel like most people would not make the immediate Dutch connotation. Graham, well, I do enjoy his novels... I'll try that one out for awhile.

Emily Hale said...

Graham does have a pretty sweet last name...