Tuesday, March 17, 2009

To Warren, Part 2

Well, I couldn't quite breath. I did manage to keep breathing and drive home to consult with my roommates.

That evening, I was chatting with Frankincense. I asked her to look for this clump of white hairs. After rooting around like a monkey in my hair (sorry, dear! I just had the imagine of you looking for bugs...), she proclaimed me white-hair free. Of course, I didn't entirely believe her (it's like when Myrrh tells me that I don't have a fever--I'm never entirely convinced that she's right). So I went over to her mirror and continued to look for those white hairs.

Frankincense then began explaining about how Myrrh wasn't feeling well, and she, too, wasn't feeling well. Frankincense: "Although I'm not entirely sure I'm sick--you know, maybe I just think I am because Myrrh is. Do you know that feeling of being paranoid about something because someone else is...?"

Me: "Actually, yes. This very moment, I am digging through my hair for a white hair that doesn't exist because Percy has one." (Turns out Frankincense's paranoia is more accurate than mine is--she actually was sick, but is better now.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I don't know if I get any credit for that. I think I was "sick" for a grand total of about 2 hours.