Thursday, March 11, 2010

What I'm Eating


Or Foods I'm Addicted to at the Moment:

1) Egg drop soup. This has always been my favorite part of Chinese food, but I was always too scared to make it myself. Until I stumbled across a recipe for egg drop soup containing sherry, which Whigwham had recently brought over. Serendipitous (or something). Egg drop soup satisfies my desire for warm liquids--so easy and delicious (plus, I like making whirlpools, which is why I've taken up poaching eggs). (The recipe I use calls for noodles, which I've never tried; once I did add couscous, which was good, although I'd just as soon not add them.)

2) Cabbage sauteed in butter. I don't know that I ever had cabbage in butter until Elizabeth Bennett made it on New Years, when she mixed it with halushky. The cabbage that she made was so wonderful that I continue to chop it up and eat it with nothing but butter. (I eat green cabbage; I ate a red one once and didn't think it was as good; plus, it stained everything and stuck to the pan.)

No comments: