Sunday, August 22, 2010

Farmer's Market, Munich.3


Stearns and I enjoyed a lovely (that is to say, cloudy, so not oppressively hot) morning in at the Farmer's market in Munich. Above is some sort of seafood jumble (see the octopusii?--I realize that this isn't the plural of "octopus"; rather, it's an ode to one of Stearns' favorite grammatical adjustments. The other is her intensionally incorrect correcting of peoples' use of "less" and "fewer" in order to confuse them, but more on that later.)


Here are what I would say are some hanging red peppers. There were also loads of these (and paprika) in Hungary.




Pretty pink and green fruit (here again, my lack of knowledge of German was not doing me any favors--I really didn't have any idea what they were selling).



Another pretty pink and green fruit! These are my favorite colors.





Lemons and currants (I think)--my first experience of currents was in Slovakia, and they didn't know the translation, so I'm not 100 percent sure that that's what these were. The lemons remind me of lemon ice cream! Which I developed an addiction to on this trip.

2 comments:

Diana said...

these pictures are so beautiful. I really love European outdoor food markets.

hopkins said...

those were currants. i am jealous--they are so hard to find here.