Friday, October 22, 2010

From the instructions of a pre-doctoral fellowship that I'm applying for:

"Scholars asked to review applications in this program are instructed to use the following three criteria:
  1. The potential of the project to advance the field of study in which it is proposed and make an original and significant contribution to knowledge.
  2. The quality of the proposal with regard to its methodology, scope, theoretical framework, and grounding in the relevant scholarly literature.
  3. The feasibility of the project and the likelihood that the applicant will execute the work within the proposed timeframe.
  4. The scholarly record and career trajectory of the applicant."
(This is only hilariously funny to me because of all the freaking pressure I feel to make these applications perfect, even though there's approximately a 1 percent chance that I'll get one.)

(The italics are mine. I also think that "timeframe" may be two separate words.)

No comments: