Sunday, April 17, 2011

Dumbarton Oaks

A good friend of mine visited this week and since she loves flowers and gardens, we decided to visit Dumbarton Oaks. What a lovely way to bring in the spring! It is early yet, so it was just the beginnings of the flowers.


I need to quote Wordsworth here, obviously.





I am really not sure what these massive swirls of vines were for. My friend cracked me up when she told me that they'd also installed these at a notoriously shady park in Waco, where we both used to live (and where everything is actually shady). Anyway, she complained that the homeless people might be able to live in them. I, of course, had to tease her: "Heaven forbid that we install things that look like houses, where homeless people might live!"



We decided that this is The White Way of Delight. Only a pink version. (She loves Anne of Green Gables, too.)

No comments: