Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Lancaster.2 (Central Market)



This man told us all about his goat cheese. Stearns disagrees with me, but the impression that I had was that he did not look exactly dissimilar to a goat, what with his curly white hair and long, narrow face and two fake teeth in the front. Our Favorite Girl Cousin did not disagree.

The man had us taste several of his cheeses, the strangest of which was made into a pyramid and covered with ash to make the mold take over faster!


On this trip to the market, I was quite taken with the windows and doorways.






I am always taken with the Whoopie Pies. Our Favorite Girl Cousin said that she heard a story about Amish women licking their fingers and running them along the edge to make the cream have a perfect edge. This dissuaded her from eating Whoopie Pies. It did not dissuade me.




I'm sorry about the blurriness (or, Hopkins, are pictures like food in that we aren't supposed to apologize about them?), but I couldn't leave this one out because the guy's such a character. The quintessential gentleman farmer.


Here are some hand-decorated coffee cups. Third from the right is a drawing of Central Market herself.



The best chocolate milk in the world. It's like melted ice cream. The strawberry milk isn't half bad, either.

No comments: