Sunday, July 17, 2011

Serendipity and the Internet

emily hale pajama concert--This is what we're going to have when I turn 35, and T.S. Eliot's letters to her are released, and I coerce my friends (Percy??) to set them to music, and we all wear pajamas to listen to the music.

literature of cheese--Clearly mentions of cheese in literature are undertheorized. I would say that to comprehensive
ly treat this topic that one would need to consider not only mentions of cheese in classic literature, but also in music and films. Let's start with this, from Stephen Crane's The Open Boat:

"If I am going to be drowned--if I am going to be drowned--if I am going to be drowned, why, in the name of the seven mad gods who rule the sea, was I allowed to come thus far and contemplate sand and trees? Was I brought here merely to have my nose dragged away as I was about to nibble the sacred cheese of life?"

canadian drug dealers philanthropy--While a study of the different amounts of philanthropy among different drug dealers by nation would be groundbreakingly interesting, it would also, for obvious reasons, be super hard to conduct.

white elbow patches--I've very rarely met an elbow patch I didn't like. However, Alex P. Keaton's long rectangular Family Ties elbow patches were pushing it for me. I think white elbow patches would be stunning on a kelly green cardigan.

leopard s letter--You can have your choice!














(picture,
picture, picture, picture)

No comments: