Thursday, October 13, 2011

Berlin Guide

I have heard great things about Berlin in the past couple of years. Unfortunately, Stearns did not put that in our stop in Germany a couple of summers ago. Diana and her husband lately visited and I'm eager to read about it on her blog. (Welcome home, Diana! If it makes any sense for me to say that, since I'm not in the Cayman Islands.)

Anyway, I've been looking at this blog-like collection of pictures in Berlin, called Berlin Guide. I don't know a thing about the photographer, but I'm trying to pick up some composition tips, so I've started following this blog, as well as Joe's NYC.

There are some charming people pictures. This reminds me of the fact that I love Christmas and I'm dying to go to a Christmas market.

The photographer is also very Elizabeth Bishop with the trees:


Some examples here and here. The photographer is also fascinated by lampposts (actually--I'm not 100 percent sure that that one is a lamppost, but there are tons of others, I promise). The lamppost is like the trees--it makes you question whether it's an obstacle in the way of the picture's main subject, or whether it is itself the main subject.


(picture, picture)

No comments: