Monday, October 17, 2011

Friday Night Lights.2

Goal for the year: To be more like Tami Taylor (Mrs. Coach from Friday Night Lights). Tami Taylor is just as friendly as can be, and her southern accent makes her sound even friendlier. But at the same time, boy, she's a stubborn lady. But the friendly part is what I want to work on at the moment. I bet she's even friendly to people she's never been introduced to. She's definitely even friendly, at least on the surface, to people who annoy her.

I had lunch this weekend with a couple of friends from Texas and they love Friday Night Lights--one proudly said that the show is just like her town and childhood (this explains a lot, actually: she was the first person I was friends with who was a high school cheerleader). Her pride struck me as slightly strange, since the show describes lots of good and lots of bad in Dillon, Texas.

I suppose I'd better tell you about where we ate, since it was very fancy and good: Tria Cafe in the middle of Philadelphia (near Rittenhouse Square) specializes in wine, beer and cheese, none of which we had. I did eat their smoked duck salad with strawberries, pistachios, grana padano (I think that's the cheese), spinach and citrus-mint vinaigrette. It was very good, although a little small (it's one of those square-plate places, as they say--or perhaps only people I know say that).

Afterward, we went shopping at anthropologie, which was housed in a gorgeous building, with a lovely stained glass window on the ceiling.



(picture)

No comments: