Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Crafts


Being a graduate student, I don't have loads of space in my life for creative expression. In fact, besides taking a couple of pictures and posting them on my blog, I don't have many creative outlets. Which is one of the reasons that I like Christmas: all that gift-giving opens up space for creativity. (Technically, this doesn't have to do with Christmas, but for a birthday that is very close to Christmas we'll count it.)

I needed something to wrap Francisco's birthday presents up with and didn't have any wrapping paper. I felt the need to be creative with it since he used old, carefully chosen New Yorker covers for my birthday gifts. I saw online some pictures of handmade wrapping paper using stamps, which looked amazing, and I figured I could use clip art and do something a bit simpler. I picked lots of simple pictures that make me think of Francisco and repeated them in a pattern and voila!--wrapping paper-ish sort of thing (okay, so I only had a black and white printer--this would have been way cooler in color).



Here's the final product:

3 comments:

hopkins said...

I LOVE THESE! so fun!

Emily Hale said...

Your state has such a cool flag! I'd never really noticed that before. Very hipster, I would say.

Diana said...

Wonderful idea! Saving this for future gifting.