Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Random Assortment


I give you today's random assortment with a generous portion of nostalgia: The fellowship program that I've been assisting with this semester is over, the fellows have gone, and I'm back home. I hate leaving people. "Superdepressfest," as one of the fellows put it.

So here's the links:

~ Some of Woody Allen's hilarious letters to Diane Keaton. I love nicknames in letters, and "Worm" is a great one. (via Hopkins)

~ Education and Roma children. Many Roma who emigrate to the UK are driven to do so by the possibilities for education there, which are not present in, for example, Slovakia and the Czech Republic, due to existing prejudice.

~ City ties! Potentially super localist! Although how much I like these ties varies according to how regular the street plan is. But, for those who like maps...

~ Paper dolls of Leslie Knope, Ron Swanson, and Tom Haverford. I love these. Especially Ron with braids. I obviously get to be Leslie (right?).

~ Robert Frost's Christmas Cards! (one pictured above)

~ This combines two things of interest to me: QR codes and tattoos. I still don't have the vaguest clue how QR codes and this randomly working one confuses me even further.

~ P.D. James' latest novel is a mystery sequel to Pride and Prejudice, Death Comes to Pemberley. The Economist reviews it here.

~ I love that Garance, too, is afraid to dance, but that she does it anyway. The video is so cute!


(picture)

1 comment:

Margaret E. Perry said...

the frost Christmas cards are so so beautiful. thank you for finding them!